We are a community of people from a variety of backgrounds who have a desire to explore what it means to follow Jesus Christ and to actively love our community. Our community includes people who have been following Christ for many years, some who are new to the journey, and some who are exploring Christianity for the first time. We want to authentically live out our life in Christ, and be committed to reaching out to our community with God’s love bringing hope to the world.
Foundation of Trust
Our vision is for Sanctuary to be an authentic community of followers of Christ in which:
- The broken can find wholeness, healing, and compassion
- The searching can find truth, life, and purpose
- The believing can find growth, encouragement, and fellowship
- The mature can find clarity, expansion, and pursuit of their life mission
OUR MISSION – “Give Hope”
The mission of Sanctuary UMC is to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ, lead people into a personal relationship with Jesus, nurture followers to grow in maturity, and send them into the world to bring hope to a hurting world.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Worship -We are committed to Christ-centered worship; offered in multiple styles, and designed to be inspirational and relevant in order to connect people with the power of the Risen-Lord.
- Relationships – We are committed to our relationship with God and to one another. We invite, welcome, encourage, pray, walk with and accept all persons in and outside of Sanctuary.
- Accountability – We are committed to helping each other maintain standards of behavior as modeled by Jesus. We will serve Christ and each other with our prayers, presence, gifts service and witness.
- Outreach – We are committed to sharing God’s love and grace through service in our community. We will walk alongside and support those God places in our path. We will pray for, work with and build up our community locally, regionally and globally.
- Everyone needs Jesus.
- All people are of equal value in the sight of God. .
- The local church is God’s Plan A – there is no Plan B.
- Middleman just get in the way. This is why we support bottom up ministry.
- Spiritual growth takes place most effectively in small groups.
- God is creator and ruler of the universe.
- Jesus Christ is the begotten only Son of God and only way to the Father.
- The Holy Spirit leads, sustains, and empowers believers.
- The Bible is God’s word for all of humanity.
- Salvation is the forgiveness of our sins and a gift from Jesus Christ.
- A Christian is a person who accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.